Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Blood Pressure Meds + Viral Infection + Exercise = Fun

I just wanted to mention how much fun my body is having today. I've been sick for a few days, and today I've got the coughies. My lungs seem to be generating a constant supply of superfluous mucus. On top of that, my latest blood pressure medicine is kicking in, and I've been feeling kinda lightheaded from that.

And so on top of that, I got in a good hour-plus at the gym. I definitely felt the effect of the meds and being sick. I wasn't able to push myself nearly as hard as I usually do, and I could feel my heart and lungs working extra to get the proper nutrients to the proper muscles. I actually had to stop early because I started feeling really lightheaded and my hands were going numb.

It's interesting to notice and feel all of these things happening to my own body. How one little thing can affect so many other things that change my experience of life, and even my behavior. How getting a random common cold and taking a little pill and running in place on a machine can make my head dizzy and my hands numb.

There's a life lesson and/or spiritual metaphor in there somewhere, but I'm not up to the task of digging it out. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Evangelicalist Church Still Doesn't Get It

 ... a response to an article entitled " Here's what's troubling about the exvangelical #LeaveLoud movement " A lot of exv...